When I was at school, I don’t remember there being such a thing as the ‘5 club’ but then again I was only turning 4 when everyone else was turning 5. I hasten to add, this was not because I was so intelligent that I was in the year above where I should have been; no, it was because my twin brother and I were a handful and getting us into school early was important to my mother!
Ava, being one of the oldest in her class, informed me that she is now a member of the ‘5 club’. It’s pretty exclusive at the moment. Soon I’ll be joining a ‘5’ club of my very own; funny how people of my age see no need to brag about this.
Ava’s 5th birthday post wouldn’t be complete without a picture of her birthday ‘cake’. Making a birthday cake out of loads of cupcakes was so much simpler than my usual efforts. For a start. there is no need to cut a cake! I think I may well do it again next year.
When Ava was three, I kept a note of Ava’s cute one liners. This past year I have been keeping a list of the questions Ava has asked (and there have a been a lot of them!) that I have either been stumped by or have not known how to give an answer at an appropriate level. I had intended to use Google to help me out but if anyone would like to get me started, it would be much appreciated!
- Why do tears come from your eyes?
- Why do we have ear wax?
- How do you get a rainbow?
- Where does the sun go when it gets dark?
- How does a baby get in/out of your tummy?
- Why is blood red?
- How can you see blood through your skin?
- Why am I a girl?
- Why does butter melt?
- How do clouds stay up in the sky?
- Why is the planet made of rocks?
- How does my voice box let my voice out?
- Why does water make your hands wrinkly?
- Why is wee hot after you go swimming?
‘I Did It Mummy’ fundraising for BIBS – https://www.justgiving.com/IDidItMummy